Testimonials

Kozue & Mio (30s and 11 years old/ Japan)

投稿日:

Duration at the CPC and Elementary School

1 year at CPC and 1 year at Queen Ka’ahamanu Elementary School

Why did you choose to come to Hawaii?

I wanted to come to Hawaii because I am interested in Hawaiian culture and history. 
Because my daughter has asthma I felt the climate in Hawaii would be more suitable to her.

How has your English improved up to this point compared to a year ago. (Both parents and child please answer)

A year ago, my daughter didn’t even know the alphabet but now she is able to watch dramas in English and have conversations with her native English-speaker friends. I have also seen a big improvement in my listening skills. I can watch American TV shows and understand them better.

What has the hardest thing about attending CPC while you child was attending elementary school. What was a good thing about this experience?

The hardest thing for me was picking up and dropping of my child at school everyday since that school does not have a bus system. Also the application process of enrolling at the school was difficult. A good thing about my daughter’s school experience is, unlike Japan, the parents are not required to do parent-teacher conferences regularly. Also she used to be shy to speak to people in English but now she feels confident when speaking in English.

What was the hardest thing about living in Hawaii for a year as an international student? What was the best thing?

Finding housing was the hardest thing about moving to Hawaii. On the other hand, since Hawaii has so much nature my daughter’s asthma has not acted up even once.

What are some good things about CPC?

Classmates, teachers, and staff were all very nice and supportive. Everyone is friendly. The staff were very understanding of my situation with having a daughter and gave me additional support.

What are some things you feel CPC could improve?

I would like a wider variety of activities throughout the year. We particpated in activities (mother and daughter, such as hiking, hula lessons, and ocassionally my daughter came to CPC when school was out).

What do you hope to do after you graduate from CPC?

I hope to find a job where I can use my English abilities.

-Testimonials
-

Copyright© Central Pacific College , 2019 All Rights Reserved.